musings, mutterings, and creative muddle. . .





Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Springing By. . .

Whew!

Last I knew I was planning for Easter. . .  and now all eyes are on planning Robin Z's Birthday Weekend (aka Memorial Day Weekend).

But I'm getting a little ahead of myself. . . Easter was an AWESOME time with Friends and Family and plenty of good Food and Fun. 



Are you wondering what we ate?)

Well. . . .

Saturday night found us enjoying:

B's Pulled Pork
Cole Slaw
Veggie Tray
Chips and Dips (such as Green Olive-Blue-Cheese, Salsa-Ranch, Tex-Mex Corn, Scorpion Paste, Smoked Salmon. . . )
Mello-Yello-Jello Salad
Chocolate-Cinnamon Cake

And Sunday's Feast was highlighted by Hubster's Prime Rib



with
Scalloped Potatoes
Strawberry - Spinach Salad
Deviled Eggs
Angel Flake Biscuits with Honey Butter



And Cheesecake with fresh Strawberries



Definitely - no one went hungry!  So many tasty things taunting, teasing, and calling to your tastebuds.  Not only did we have over-the-top meals. . . but also such snacky things like these beautiful cupcakes from Sweet Designs Cakery in Pittsburg, Kansas,


and stellar cookies from Eileen's Colossal Cookies in Lawrence, KS.



BTW - please accept my apologies for having no new recipes to share. . . I had every intention of taking photos of different things we were making, but things just don't always go as planned.  Sigh. . . I'll do my best to make up for it.  I promise.  On the positive side, at least for me, I get to enjoy all the tasty food when I make it again (to blog) for you!

Putting food aside, it's time to change the focus on to the gardens and pots outside. . . .to get the patio all 'Summer-fied' in time for The Birthday / Memorial Weekend;-)

Have a Spring-Y kind of day ~

Robin Z 

No comments:

Post a Comment